- A+
所属分类:英语资料
视频加载中...
?well hey there im emma from mmmenglish!
these little but very common words can cause english learners quite a few headaches.
大家好啊,我是emma,欢迎来到emma的美味英语!
这些看起来微不足道,但是又非常常见的单词可是会让许多英语学习者很头疼的呢。
theyre not used in the same way.
its easy to confuse them!
它们意思非常接近,但是使用方式却不相同。
很容易就把它们给搞混了!
so this lesson is going to be short and sweet but we are going to get to the bottom of this.
confusing the words is a really common english error.
所以本节课程非常地简单明了,但是我们要直达问题的根源。
把‘good’和‘well’搞混是一个非常常见的英语错误。
now there are some clear rules that can help you to use them correctly but there are also some exceptions to the rules which probably leave you feeling a little bit confused.
the most helpful thing to keep in mind is that is an adverb.
有一些明确的规则可以帮助你们正确使用这些单词,但是规则之外也有例外,这可能会让你们感觉到有点点疑惑。
需要记住的最有用的事情就是‘good’是形容词,‘well’是副词。
theyre two different parts of speech.
a quick reminder. adjectives can modify nouns or tell us more information about a noun.
它们属于不同的词类。
小提示。形容词可以修饰名词,或者是告诉我们更多关于某个名词的信息。
so modifies a noun. something can be good.
所以‘good’修饰一个名词。某件事情可能很好。
a good kid, a good afternoon, a good nights sleep. all of these things.
好孩子,美好的下午,一夜好梦。诸如此类。
now as an adverb, modifies a verb. an action can be done well, right?
而作为一个副词呢,‘well’修饰动词。某个行为可能做得很好,对吗?
she swims well for her age. we have eaten well.
就她这个年级而言,她游得很好。我们吃的很好。
in both these examples, is modifying the verb.
now, nine times out of ten, most of the time, the question you need to ask yourself is: am i modifying a noun or an action?
在这些例子中,‘well’修饰的是动词。
好的,十之八九,通常情况下你需要问自己的问题是:我是在修饰一个名词还是一个动作呢?
and this will help you to make the correct choice between . sweet!
而这能够帮助你在‘good’和‘well’之间做出正确的判断。很棒!
but now i have to mention a significant exception to this rule that can be used as an adjective too.
so if someone is well, it means theyre healthy.
但是现在呢,我不得不提一下一个非常重要的例外,那就是虽然‘good’是形容词,‘well’是副词,但是当你讨论健康的时候,也就是某个人的健康质量的时候,‘well’也可以当形容词使用。
所以如果某个人很好的话,
意思就是他们很健康。
my brother is safe and well. is your mother well enough to travel?
我的弟弟非常健康。你的母亲的身体状况可以去旅游吗?
all good? re talking about health.
懂了吗?当讨论健康的时候,‘well’可以作为形容词使用。
okay are you ready for another exception?
we can actually use with some non-action verbs like: be, look, seem and feel.
好的,你准备好迎接下一个例外了吗?
我们可以用‘good’和一些非行为动词连用,比如说:是,看起来,看起来和感受。
these are stative verbs. so we do that when were connecting a subject to an adjective.
这些都是状态动词。当我们将主语和形容词联系的时候,我们就会这么做。
we can say: dont worry, everything is good. everything is good.
我们可以说:不要担心,一切都会好起来的。一切都会好起来的。
this book is good. the children are good.
这本书很好。孩子们很好。
right? i feel good today!
懂了吗?我今天感觉不错!
the new office seems good. the hotel youre staying in looks so good!
新办公室看起来很好。你住的酒店看起来很好!
right? so here we can use with a non-action verb.
对吧?我们可以将‘good’和非行为动词连用。
the last little exception or rule to remember is that re talking about morally correct behaviour. some people volunteer to do good within their local community.
最后一个例外,或者是需要记住的规则是,当你在谈论道德上的正确行为的时候,‘good’可以和动词‘do’一起使用,‘good’在这里是个名词。
有些人在当地社区做志愿活动来帮助他人。
they help others. this is to do good. now word order is really important to get these words right in your sentence because theyre different types of words, they are treated differently in our sentence.
他们帮助其他人。这就是做善事。
要让你的句子中的词汇使用正确,词汇的顺序非常重要,因为它们是不同类型的单词,它们在句子中的地位也不同。
itt usually go between the verb and the object. it goes after the object.
一个常见的错误就是说:萨拉足球踢得很好。
副词通常不会出现在动词和宾语之间。它一般都是在宾语之后。
right? its something to keep in mind. sarah plays football well.
是吧?这需要牢记在脑海之中哦。萨拉足球踢得很好。
all right, you know that i like to make my lessons practical for you so that you can practise what youve learned during the lesson.
so are you ready to try it out?
好的,大家都知道我想让我的课程对大家而言非常实用,所以大家可以练习在本节课程中学到的东西。准备好一试了吗?
first sentence. you speak english good.
第一个句子。你的英语说得很好。
is it correct? you speak english well.
对了吗?你的英语说得很好。
because we are modifying the verb here in this sentence.
what about: your english is well.
因为在这个句子中,我们在修饰动词‘说’。那么这句话:你的英语很好。
is that right? this word is an adjective.
对了吗?这个单词是形容词。
we know because we can see the subject followed by the verb as an adjective, right?
but english is a thing not a person so it doesnt make sense to say that english is in good health.
我们知道,是因为我们可以看到主语后面跟着动词‘be’,所以我猜应该使用‘well’作为一个形容词,对吗?
但是英语是个事物,不是个人,所以说英语的健康状况很好并不能说得通。
we need to use here. your english is good.
在这里我们需要使用‘good’。你的英语很好。
lets try another. i want you to fill in the gaps.
让我们试一下另一个吧。我希望大家进行填空。
im having a —— day. can you guess the correct word here?
我的一天很——。你能猜到这里正确的单词是什么吗?
the adjective or the adverb? good! we are modifying the noun m having a good day.
形容词还是副词呢?很棒!我们修饰的是名词‘天’。我过得很开心。
but i want you to write a similar sentence with the adverb , right?
write it in the comments now.
但我希望大家用副词‘well’来仿造一个类似的句子,可以吗?现在就把它写在评论区吧。
you might need to change the verb in that sentence to help you. my day is going well.
你可能需要改变一下句子里的动词来帮助你。我过得很开心。
now the adverb is modifying the verb, right?
good job! did he do something on his exam?
现在副词修饰的是动词,对吧?
不错不错!他考试表现怎么样?
well. we here. this rain is something for the garden.
在这里我们修饰的是动词‘do’。雨对花园很——。
good! her job isnt something for her health.
很好!他的工作对健康不——。
careful! the word that goes in this space is .
just because we.
要小心哦!这次要填上的单词是‘good’。
只是因为我们在这个句子里讨论的是健康,并不意味着我们需要使用‘well’。
you spoke —— at the conference. ?
你在会议上讲得很——。‘good’还是‘well’呢?
you spoke well. i saw jeremy last night. he looked——.
你讲得很好。我昨天晚上看到杰瑞米了,他看起来很——。
well here we could actually use the adjective . both are possible but the meaning is different, right?
很好,这里我们其实可以使用形容词‘good’或者是副词‘well’。这两个都是可以的,但是意思不同,对吧?
think about the difference in the meaning.
means that he looked healthy.
思考一下,它们的意思有什么不同。
‘well’的意思是他看起来很健康。
means that he was pleasant to look at—handsome! what about if i said: how are you?
‘good’的意思是他看起来长得不错——很帅!那如果我说:你好吗?
how would you answer that question? would you say: i am good. or i am well.
你会怎么回答这个问题呢?你会说:我很好。或者是:我挺好的。
it depends! again, you could say either.
看情况!同样的,这两种都可以说。
you could use either adjective but the meaning is slightly different.
i want to finish up todays lesson with a fixed expression that seems to challenge these rules a little.
你可以使用任何一个形容词,但是意思有一点不同。
我想以一个固定的表达来结束今天的课程,它看起来好像是对这些规则的挑战。
this one. to get someone good, which means to trick someone or to fool them so anyone who tricked their friend on april fools day can say:
这个。这个短语的意思是捉弄某人,或者是让他们难看,所以在愚人节捉弄他们的朋友的人可以说:
i really got him good, which means you tricked him.
i also want to mention before we finish, that in informal spoken english, youll hear native english speakers bending the rules a little.
我真的戏弄了他,意思是你捉弄了他。
在我们结束之前,我也想说一下在非正式英语口语中,你可以听到英语母语者可能并不会那么严格地遵守规则。
yous tony going?
你会听到他们将‘good’用作形容词。托尼怎么样?
hes reasonably common and i really recommend that for you guys, you stick to the rules.
他很好。这在语法上并不正确,但是却非常常见,但是我还是建议大家遵守这些规则。
play by the rules, especially if you are studying english to sit an exam.
so in that sense, this is incorrect but youll hear it all the time.
要遵守游戏规则,尤其是你正在为了参加考试而学习英语。
所以就那而言是不正确的,但是你会总是听到它。
so thats lesson, i told you it was going to be short and sweet. and i hope it was helpful as well.
本节课程内容就这么多啦,我告诉过大家它会简明扼要的。希望这节课程也非常有用。
there are lots of pairs of words like this in english, words that have similar meanings but theyre used differently in sentences.
can you think of any others?
英语中有很多类似的单词对,它们的意思相近,但是在句子中的使用方式不同。
你能想到其他的吗?
if you want me to make a lesson about any more of these pairs of words, then make sure you tell me about it in the comments.
tell me what pairs of words you want me to make a lesson about.
如果你们想让我做其他的单词对的课程的话,记得一定要在评论区告诉我哦。
告诉我你们想让我为哪对单词专门做节课程。
please do subscribe to the channel so that i can keep you up-to-date with all of my new lessons. and if youve got any special requests for future lessons then make sure you let me know in the comments below.
一定要订阅我的频道,这样我就可以让大家知道我所有的新课程的信息啦。
如果你对于后面的课程有什么特殊要求的话,记住要在评论区告诉我哦。
and once you do that then come and find me in one of these two lessons here. ill see you in there!
如果大家这么做了的话,那就在这两节课程中的其中一节来找我吧。
再见!