- A+
所属分类:英语培训
nicholas:what are you reading, linda?
你在看啥呀,琳达?
linda:i’m reading a novel the mill on the floss, written by the famous novelist, george eliot.
我在读小说《弗洛斯河上的磨坊》,是由闻名小说家乔治.艾略特写的。
nicholas:what’s it about?
是关于啥的?
linda:it is mainly about the relationship about a brother and a sister, who live in a mill on river floss. it describes their childhood and a dispute that causes them to separate. the book ends with them happily together again, but they were both killed in the flood.
首要写了住在弗洛斯和尚磨房里的一对兄妹之间的联络。小说描绘了他们的年少日子,以及一次争论究竟致使他们各奔东西。这部小说以他们开心的集会作为结束,可是他们却在一场洪水中双双丧生。
nicholas:is it difficult to understand?
很丑陋懂吗?
linda:not really, i would consider it easy.
不是,我觉得很简略懂。
nicholas:besides novels, are there any other types of literary works that you indulge in?
除了长篇小说外,你还喜爱读啥其他类型的文学作品吗?
linda:i really like short stories.
还喜爱读短篇小说。
nicholas:have you read anything else besides literature?
除了文学作品以外,你读其它的书吗?
linda:certainly i have. i like to read books on various subjects, and i read everything i can get my hands on in my spare time. i don’t want to idle away and waste my time.
当然读了,我喜爱看各种体裁的书,在空闲时我拿到啥书就看啥书。我可不想闲呆着浪费时刻。
nicholas:i agree. people who don’t read are no better off than people who can’t read. i also agree that “books are like food for the mind.”
我附和。不读书的人并不比不能读书的人强。我还认为“书本是人类精力的粮食”。
有关文本
这是最佳的杂志。
this is the best magazine.
我喜爱读短篇小说。
i really like short stories.
比起诗歌,我更喜爱散文。
i prefer essays to poems.
我主张你读《红楼梦》。
i advise you to read a dream in red ma
nsions.
我想订一份《昂秀英语》。
id like a subscription to onshow english.
我想续订。
id like to renew my subscription.
你晓得这份报纸的发行量吗?
do you know the circulation of this newspaper?
你对此报的评价如何?
how would you comment on this paper?
请给我晨版的。
morning edition, please.